Frequently Asked Questions
How to install the new improved already extended pistons?
Here is a manual showing how to install the new improved already extended pistons.
Click here to download
What materials are used to make your furniture?
We use high-quality laminated particle boards, coated with a paper finish to give it its wood color and texture. The majority of our collections combine the properties of commercial melamine and papers that are highly resistant to scratches, stains and wear.
Did you know that Bestar was the first North American manufacturer of ready-to-assemble furniture to use a melamine finish? In fact, the majority of our products are covered with this material, which is recognized by the industry for its durability and resistance to scratches, stains and burns.
How do I clean my new Bestar Furniture?
To dust, we recommend using a soft, dry cloth. To remove stains, use a cloth soaked in a water and mild detergent mixture. To clean your furniture, avoid placing any wet objects directly on the furniture or using commercial cleaning products.
Where can I buy Bestar products?
Do you have any assembly tips?
Here are four steps to facilitate the assembly of your Bestar furniture:
- Before starting, read the assembly instructions carefully and be willing to follow each step.
- Layout all the parts on the floor, including the hardware, and count them to make sure nothing is missing.
- When the instructions recommend doing so, enlist the help of another person to avoid injuring yourself or damaging the furniture.
- To avoid loosening the assembled components or damaging the wood, do not push, pull or drag the furniture over the floor or carpet. We recommend assembling the furniture as close as possible to its resting place. If you must move it, enlist the help of another person, lift it completely, and transport it slowly.
For additional help during assembly, you can also check our online support page.
What if I have assembly problems or missing or damaged parts?
Do not bring back your furniture to the retailer, we can assist you directly.
You can contact our customer service at 1-888-8BESTAR. We will answer all your questions and quickly ship what you need to complete the assembly.
Our opening hours are:
Monday to Thursday, from 8:00 AM to 12:00 (noon) and from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM (EST);
Friday, from 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
Thank you for keeping the assembly instructions on hand when calling.
How are the components held together?
The main assembly device consists of a washer and rod that hold the pieces of wood together, as shown in the illustration below. It is very important to follow the washer assembly instructions carefully.
1)Use a flat screwdriver to turn the washer.
2) Turn the washer to 2 o’clock. However, to ensure the washer is tight, finish by applying a little pressure.
Can you help me adjust my drawers?
Yes, here are the four steps to follow:
1) Make sure to use the correct screws for the metal slides;
2) Make sure the screws are set very straight;
3) Make sure to mount the drawer front in its proper position;
4) Adjust the drawer fronts as shown in the illustration below.
What is covered by the warranty?
The Bestar warranty covers for ten years against any defects due to faulty material or workmanship, and preventing the intended use of the product.
This warranty is limited to the repair or replacement of defective parts free of charge, depending on availability. Any labor incurred and paid by the client is not covered by this warranty.
This warranty applies under conditions of normal use. It is not valid in the event of defects caused by the buyer due to negligence, misuse, improper exposure, excessive use or changes made to the furniture item.
Bestar reserves the right to require proof of purchase or other receipts for the purposes of this warranty.
The warranty is not transferable and applies only in Canada and the United States, excluding Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico.
For more information, please contact our customer service:
1 888 8BESTAR Contact us