Purchasing & Planning Manager
Location of Employment
Full time, Day time
The purchasing and planning Manager provides support to eSolutions Furniture’s organization in all raw materials purchasing and planning activities, as well as management of sub-contractors. This position will have to develop and review current processes to achieve the best results in terms of production schedule attainment and on time delivery of raw materials and purchased finished goods. The synergy in between the production and purchasing/planning is essential for the benefits of the global corporation.
Key high-level deliverables will include:
- Key objective is on time delivery of raw materials to supply the production facilities.
- Raw materials purchasing and planning for furniture production facilities in Lac-Mégantic and Sherbrooke, QC.
- Lead the subcontractor processes including volume planning, purchase orders, and raw material coordination (drop ship from vendors and from internal warehouses).
- In collaboration with other departments and company division, establish and execute vendor and procurement strategy to balance cost, quality, lead times, and on time deliveries.
- Manage a team of 3–6 employees, including buyers, material planners, receiving and inventory control.
- Manage, coach, and develop the supply planning team members to meet goals and objectives.
- Proactively manage vendor capacity via forecasts and tight management of lead times.
- Improve procurement and planning processes, including MRP parameters (lead times, safety stock, minimum order quantities), receiving, incoming inspection, and inventory control.
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency and optimizes cost effectiveness.
- Work with product development to measure and improve vendor performance.
- Manage raw material inventory levels and related internal and external storage space to optimize utilization.
- Responsible for annual and cyclical inventories
- Negotiate contracts and develop backup suppliers to strengthen our supply chain.
- Monday to Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Occasional travel between Lac-Mégantic and Sherbrooke
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office environment.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or other related field;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Good people and management skills;
- Extremely attentive to detail, with superior organizational skills and an ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Proven resourcefulness and problem-solving abilities;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Computer literate with proven experience using systems that support inventory management (ERP-MRP); Computer skills: very good knowledge of Internet and Microsoft Office Suite;
- Minimum of 3–5 years related experience;
- Languages: English and French (written and spoken).
eSolutions Furniture provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics, family status and gender expression. In addition to federal law requirements, eSolutions Furniture complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.