Location of Employment
Full time, Day time
The person has four main objectives to manage the development of raw materials with suppliers, supported by engineering, as part of the launch of new products. All this while generating savings through innovation and consolidation of our product range.
Key high-level deliverables will include:
- Establishes clear alignment between commercial and technical roadmap towards the development of a strategic supplier framework.
- Cooperation and strategy alignment with the Commodity Manager.
- Ensures a close cooperation with internal customers such as Engineering, R&D, Production, Quality, etc. in the development of new products, cost savings and other value creation activities.
- Coordinate material development between PLM team, domestic and Asian vendors (sample request, qualifications, approval, supplier feedback).
- Determine total cost of product launch options vs. procurement constraints.
- Develop alternative materials with engineering.
- Systematically challenge MOQ and drive standardization across the organization in collaboration with PLM and engineering team.
- Supports the compliance team in helping ensure that material comply with various regulations such as TSCA, VFLPA, P65, etc.
- Champions and leads cross-functional teams to drive activities that support cost competitiveness.
- Monday through Friday, from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
- Position based in Jamestown.
- Hybrid work possible.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office environment and will have to travel occasionally.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear.
- Infrequent heavy lifting
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering with procurement/sourcing profile
- Experience in project-based procurement with solid technical skills to challenge suppliers and work closely with engineering team.
- Ability to negotiate and persuade.
- Must have good business acumen to recognize and develop cost and inventory reduction opportunities.
- Collaborative, solution-oriented attitude and strong communication skills in both French and English.
- Creative and innovative mindset.
- Ability to conduct suppliers and part analysis.
- Be rigorous, organized, structured, autonomous.
- Able to handle pressure and be able to prioritize.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.