Location of Employment
Full time, Day time
Reporting to the Director of Purchasing and Planning, this position supports production operations. The role of the material planner is to ensure the adequate supply of raw materials necessary for the realization of the production schedule.
Key high-level deliverables will include:
- Purchase of raw materials
- Analyze purchase recommendation reports;
- Create and send POs to suppliers;
- Follow up on outstanding orders and do follow ups as necessary;
- Analyze reports to detect upcoming shortages and report them to production planning;
- Ensure inventory is maintained within established thresholds;
- Analyze system transactions to identify and communicate issues;
- Perform inventory adjustments;
- Participate in the improvement of purchasing and inventory management processes;
- Communicate with suppliers.
- Adjust purchasing needs according to variations in the production schedule;
- Optimize material flows according to needs and available space;
- Plan replenishment from satellite warehouses.
- 40 hours/week on a 4.5-day schedule.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office environment (Sherbrooke or Lac-Mégantic).
Required Education and Experience:
- College diploma in operations management or accounting;
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar position or any related experience;
- Ability to work with an ERP/MRP system;
- Work methodology;
- Excellent priority management;
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions quickly;
eSolutions Furniture group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics, familial status and gender expression. In addition to federal law requirements, eSolutions Furniture complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.