Director of Human Resources
Location of Employment
Full time, Day time
We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our team under the supervision of the Executive Director of Human Resources. Surrounded by passionate colleagues, you will be able to actively contribute to the implementation of new human resources initiatives in a growing company. Specifically, we are looking for someone who can use their HR expertise to support our people-oriented culture and their development in an inclusive environment. Thanks to their strong interpersonal skills, the individual will be expected to develop a strong partnership with operations and employees to promote an environment where employee engagement and retention will be at the core of their decisions.
- Work closely with the current Quebec HR team to implement a strategic and operational HR plan.
- Provide support to managers and their teams on all aspects of workforce and change management.
- Advise the management team on personnel and performance management (e.g., coaching, professional development, disciplinary measures).
- Contribute to the development and implementation of HR policies, programs, and processes
- Support the brand integration process at eSolutions Furniture by aligning HR processes.
- Act as a recruiter for the organization to hire top talent to support organizational growth.
- Develop innovative initiatives to maximize talent attraction, retention, and employee experience within the organization.
- Support the HR team in managing and resolving labor relations issues.
- Implement and coordinate processes in the areas of performance management, employee relations, and career development.
- Promote and manage the internship program in Quebec, which includes assessing the needs of interns, supporting managers in the selection process, and providing advice to managers
- Support culture change in health and safety management and prevention.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Skills in developing and maintaining good working relationships
- Strong communication skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work professionally with confidential information
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment in a growing company that is exposed to a North American-wide organization
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in human resources or labor relations or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar HR role in a manufacturing environment
- Experience and knowledge of HRIS systems, compensation, and benefits management
- Good knowledge of French (spoken/written) is an asset
- Sherbrooke or Lac-Mégantic
- Permanent and full-time position
- Bonus program
- Group insurance
- RRSP plan