Data Integration Architecture Lead
Location of Employment
Full time, Day time
The Data Integration Architecture Lead (Data Lead) will be responsible for establishing a strategy for data governance, conversions, integration, and BI for the company. Working with the business analysts and the data integration team, the data lead will guide, review, and approve data integration strategies for business applications. The Data Lead will propose tools and processes to ensure optimal data governance throughout the organization.
In addition to managing the Data integration team, the Data Lead will work closely with IT Applications team members as well as in other IT areas (Infrastructure, Web Platforms, and the Help Desk).
Key high-level deliverables will include:
- Data Lifecycle:
- Understand eSolutions furniture’s business processes and data model requirements to define the best tools to use for data conversion, integration, and BI.
- Architect strategy and multi-year roadmap for data solutions in the organization as part of the ERP project rollout.
- Lead data cleansing and conversion activities as part of the ERP project rollout.
- Work closely with business analysts and power users to troubleshoot and resolve data quality issues and maintain a high level of data accuracy.
- Define which application components in the landscape will serve as the system of record or reference for the company’s master data.
- Review and define Master data and Key Data Structure documentation standards to be used by business analysts.
- Be a charismatic data evangelist and promote a data-driven culture in the company
- Define data principles to be used including Data Security and Data Privacy requirements.
- Review and approve Integration/EDI tools and technologies and determine what tool to use in different scenarios.
- Maintain documentation (diagram) of data integration between systems with the assistance of Business Analysts.
- Responsible for the design and construction of the data architecture and schemas in the Microsoft-based data warehouse.
- Innovate end user’s productivity through self-serve capabilities in the different applications.
- Design ETL jobs to transform data coming from different sources into data warehouse-native schemas.
- Application Development Team.
- Ensure that processes and delivery methods are followed by the delivery team.
- Manage priorities of shared resources in the team with the cooperation of the Business Analysts.
- Develop team member skills to align with company practices and technology.
- Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The position is based in Sherbrooke
- Occasional travel to other facilities (Lac-Mégantic, Jamestown, etc.)
- Can be fully remote
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office environment
Required Education and Experience:
- Experience in a project delivery team in a large IT project
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any other relevant field
- 5+ years of experience working with data integration tools and business intelligence
- Expert at data modeling, ETL, and optimization using Microsoft Technology
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365, Office 365 and Power Platform, and the Common Data Service model
- Experience in Data Cleansing and Conversion as part of an ERP implementation
- Experience implementing BI reporting and visualization tools like Power BI, Cognos
- Experience in data science or advanced analytics is a plus
- Experience in putting in place Data governance processes and end-to-end data lifecycle management
- Experience with Agile and DevOps operations with a continuous improvement mindset
- Experience in leading application development teams
- Knowledge of data security and privacy policies and best practices
- Background in e-commerce, distribution, and manufacturing is desirable
- Ability to organize a team, take charge, coach, and advise
- Strong communication skills and ability to gather requirements and translate them to specs and design – English and French
- Customer-oriented, both internally and externally
- Ability to structure and lead multidisciplinary and multi-level stakeholder meetings
- Methodical, good sense of organization, excellent time management
- Ability to take charge, coach, and advise
- Demonstrate initiative and innovation
eSolutions Furniture provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics, familial status and gender expression. In addition to federal law requirements, eSolutions Furniture complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.